Hello, did the pre-order for v3 and just started using the app. Seems to work well for my purpose, but I did just leave the below comment via the feedback option within the app. Figured I would leave it here as well. This is for the Windows version of v3. These might be know things. I didn't get to researching yet. Maybe I'm missing something with the date change, but didn't find the options where I would normally find them in other editing apps.
"Hello. Just started to use Photolemur 3. I'm coming from lightroom, but mostly just used the "auto fix" option to correct contrast and lens distortion. Your app seems to be on par for those two things, so I am satisfied so far. What I am writting about are 2 things I have noticed that I do not like.
1. Your app changes all dates associated with the file, not only the file system dates, but the camera "date taken" date. I'm used to the file system dates getting changed and have a tool to correct quickly, but I've never had an app change all dates during edit. Please correct this as all of my libraries (Plex mostly) are heavily dependend on those dates for organization. This greatly affects my workflow as I now have to rename the file to include the date taken attribute, then edit the file with Photolemur, then replace the created and date taken attributes again based on the filename I created early. That's 3 times I have to touch a file and defeats the whole purpose of using a tool like yours.
2. There is an error if you try to export to a folder that no longer exist. I understand why there is an error, but the user should definitely be warned. I sort of expect those type of error checks with a version 3 release."
Please sign in to leave a comment.